Klassikstadt is located in a monumental factory building from 1910 - originally built for the the Mayfarth agricultural machinery factory. The factory impresses with its completely preserved historic brick facade brick facade with beautiful arched windows. Together with other expressive outbuildings, a generous outdoor spacious outdoor area and a green space, the site of about 20,000 square meters forms an impressive ensemble. The building is part of the Route of Industrial Heritage.
The factory building has existed for 100 years on Orber Strasse in the east of Frankfurt. It has survived two wars two wars undamaged and has served a wide variety of purposes: from agricultural machinery production to the Bundesdruckerei of 50 DM bills to the storage of uniforms of the Federal Customs.
In November 2010, Klassikstadt was opened after a two-year construction phase. Here are a few impressions from the construction phase: